Gouvia marina, in Corfu island, is our yacht charter base for the Ionian sailing area in Greece. Below, you can see the map and a general description about Gouvia marina.
Corfu (Gouvia) marina in Corfu island/ Ionian sailing area:
The marina is situated in the natural harbour of Gouvia bay, next to Kontokali village in Corfu Island. Gouvia marina is Galazio Sailing second charter base for the Ionian sailing area (the other one is Lefkas marina in Lefkas Island). It operates since 1996 and was the first private marina in Greece. Nowadays, Gouvia marina is considered one of the most beautiful and well organised in the Mediterranean Sea offering many facilities and high standard of services.
The marina is situated in the natural harbour of Gouvia bay, next to Kontokali village in Corfu Island. Gouvia marina is Galazio Sailing second charter base for the Ionian sailing area.
How to reach in Corfu yacht charter base:
Corfu island can be very easily reached by various means of transportation. Several charter and domestic flights connect Corfu on a daily basis with various European cities, as well as Athens and Thessaloniki. Regular ferries also depart for Corfu from Igoumenitsa, Patra and Italy.
For more information and details on how to arrive to Corfu island/ marina, click here.
Meeting point & Moorings in Corfu marina/ Ionian Sea:
The Galazio Sailing meeting point, for Gouvia marina, is directly onto your yacht.
When returning to the marina, go stern-to or bows-to where directed. There are mooring lines available. Note: Off-shore anchoring is not allowed in the marina, except for short-term in the case of an emergency situation. Please, do not use anchors.
The Galazio Sailing meeting point for Gouvia marina is directly to your yacht.
- Electricity (220V-free, 380V-charged accordingly)
- Water supply
- Fuel supply
- Reception Office (daily weather report and various other services)
- Guests’ Office Space (internet access, fax facilities, events etc)
- Postal service
- Public telephones
- Shower & W.C facilities
- Laundry and Drying facilities
- First aid service and doctor
- Car – Motorbike rentals
- Taxi stand
- Parking lot
- 24-hour private security service
- Supermarket, restaurant, café
- ATM cash point
- Many Banks and ATM cash points (outside Gouvia marina)
- The local Bus terminal of Kontokali village (outside Gouvia marina connected to the main town and several beaches)
- Hotels, supermarkets, groceries, cafes, taverns, shops etc outside Corfu/ Gouvia marina at Kontokali village nearby
- Corfu/Gouvia marina operates all year round on a 24-hour basis. It has capacity for about 1000 crafts up to 80 metres long and 6 metres draught (dry dock facilities for approximately 520 yachts) with both permanent and floating pontoons. Yachtsmen can radio the marina / duty officer on VHF channel 69
- During the summer the prevailing wind in Gouvia marina blows from NW to WNW at force 2-5 Beaufort scale. During autumn and spring, the wind’s force varies and its direction can be from N or S. The climate is generally mild and sunny during summer with high rainfalls during winter
- Hazards: Special attention is needed when entering the Gouvia bay – keep at the North side so as to avoid the buoyed shallows
- For more information about Corfu Island (sightseeing, history, climate, weather etc) you can also visit our website respective page