Pythagorion port, in Samos Island, is our yacht charter base for the Dodecanese sailing area. See below a general description for Pythagorion port.
Samos (Pythagorion) port in Samos Island/ Dodecanese sailing area:
Samos/ Pythagorion port is located on the Southeast part of the island of Samos, just 500m away from the charming village of Pythagorion. The marina is new-built with state of the art facilities & full services for boats and sailors.
Pythagorion port is the third in sequence charter base (the other two are Marina Kos in Kos Island and Rhodes (Mandraki) port in Rhodes island) that Galazio Sailing operates for the Dodecanese complex & more specific for the North Dodecanese islands.
Pythagorion port in Samos island is the third in sequence charter base that Galazio Sailing operates for the Dodecanese complex & more specific for the North Dodecanese islands.
How to reach in Samos Island/ Pythagorion yacht charter base:
Samos Island/ port can easily be reached either by air or by sea. You will find both domestic and charter flights directly from your country that fly to Samos on a regular basis as well as ferries that daily depart from Athens (Piraeus port). Pythagorion (Samos) port is at a very short distance from the island’s airport (5 minutes).
See more details and information on how to reach Samos/ Pythagorion port in Samos island.
Meeting point & Moorings in Samos port/ Aegean Sea:
Our meeting point, for Pythagorion port, is directly onto your yacht.
Entering Samos port, an inflatable reception boat will welcome and lead each new yacht to its berth & assist with the manoeuvres. Available mooring places where directed by the staff of Pythagorion port.
Galazio Sailing meeting point, for Pythagorion port, is directly to the yacht.
- Boat maintenance & repair
- Waste pumps’ station
- Dry dock facilities
- Boat cleaning services
- 24 hour security service
- Medical support
- Parking lot
- Fire extinguishing system
- Showers & WC
- Taxi stand
- Hotel (12 room+swimming pool)
- Café/ Bar
- Shopping centre (supermarket, mini market, nautical store, news & supply store)
- Laundry services
- Diving centre
- Yacht/ Nautical club
- Pythagorion (Samos) port has berthing capacity for 260 yachts up to 25m, 10 equipped berths for super yachts above 25m & it can host up to 170 boats for repair & maintenance services all around the year
- In summertime, the prevailing wind in Samos Island is the Meltemi. It blows from N-NNW direction at force 4-6 Beaufort scale and may reach force 7 on occasion. In springtime & autumn on the contrary, South winds are very common, their force never exceeds 4-5 Beaufort scale though. The marina of Samos is safe from all winds & the prevailing winds is from North
- For more information on the island of Samos (sightseeing, history, climate, weather etc) you may also visit our respective webpage